Diocesan CommuniquéJune 17th, 2021
Following the recent discoveries at the ancient residential school in Kamloops, British Columbia, you may read the Diocesan Communiqué Regarding Residential Schools - June 17th, 2021 .
March 5th, 2021
Last week, the government announces some good news. If things remain as they are, as of next Monday we will be moving into the Yellow Phase with some slight modifications. Here are the revised requirements for the Yellow Phase :
- All sanitary regulations remain in place (hand disinfection, continued wearing of masks, physical distancing of 2 meters, controlled circulation, disinfection of buildings and meeting areas, etc. )
- Faith venues will be able to accept parishioners up to a maximum of 50% of its capacity while maintaining a distance of 2 meters and continued wearing of masks between bubbles (members of the same household or Steady15).
- Singing by those in the assembly will be permitted if masks are worn at all times and the physical distance of 2 meters is repected to the letter.
The government reminds that :
- Occupancy of any facility must be based on a maximum of 50% while maintaining physical distancing between people that are not members of the same household or Steady15 (for example, a parish or community hall).
- Controlled venues at which seating is offered for the purposes of eating, drinking, socialization, celebration, ceremony or entertainment are required to maintain a record of the names and contact information of all persons who attend.
Until further notice, these directives will also apply to funerals, weddings and baptisms.
Let us hope that the loosening of restrictions and the arrival of vacines is announcing the imminent end of this pandemic. I wish you all the best of celebrations during this Lent season.
+ Daniel Jodoin
I ask that all parishes put in place these guidelines while remaining attentive to the evolution of the situation.
- Press Release from the Office of the Bishop dated May 28th, 2020
- Communique from Bishop Jodoin dated March 31st, 2020
- Letter from Bishop Jodoin dated March 18th, 2020
- Communique from the New Brunswick bishops dated March 12th 2020 regarding COVID-19
- Coronavirus : Pope Francis' Prayer to Mary (Bilingual)
- Communique from the beginning of March regarding the coronavirus