Diocese of Bathurst
January 5th, 2021
As you may have learned, Premier Blain Higgs announced this afternoon that the whole province will be passing into the Orange Phase as of midnight tonight.
Here are the requirements according to the province's recovery plan :
Dominical Celebrations :
- Faith venues can operate under a COVID-19 operational plan.
- In-person services are limited to 50 participants, or fewer depending upon the size of the facility, with
- Two metres of physical distancing.
- Continuous mask wearing is required.
- No singing is permitted.
Funerals, Weddings and other celebrations :
- Other indoor religious observances, funerals, celebrations of life, marriage ceremonies, receptions and social gatherings of more than 25 people are prohibited. Which also includes Baptisms.
Let's hope that these directives will help contain the new wave of Covid-19 and lend reassurance to the faithful who celebrate with us on the Day of the Lord and at other celebrations.