After many consultations, and taking into account the needs of our parishes and the requests of the clergy of our Diocese, here are the nominations degreed by Mgr Daniel Jodoin.
- Father Serge Comeau is appointed pastor of the parish of Saint-André which includes the Christian communities of Saint-Michael of Inkerman, Marie Mediatrices of Le Goulet, Immaculate-Conception of Pokemouche and Saint-Jérôme of Shippagan.
- Father David Ferguson is appointed pastor of the parish of Saint-Joseph, Faithful Servant which includes the Christian communities of Martyr de Saint-Jean-Baptiste of Dalhousie, Saint-Benoît of Balmoral, Saint-François Xavier of Charlo, Saint-Jean-Marie Vianney of Dundee and Holy Trinity of Eel River Crossing.
- Father Marcel Lagacé is appointed pastor of the parish of Mary Star of the Sea which includes the Christian communities of Saint-lrénée of Saint-lrénée, Saint-Louis of Brantville, Immaculate-Conception of Rivière-du-Portage, Notre-Dame-de-la-Salette of Sheila and Saint-Jean-Baptiste et Saint-Joseph of Tracadie.
- Father Robert McGraw is appointed pastor of the parish of Saint-Jean-Eudes includes of the Christian communities of Saint-Pierre-aux-Liens of Caraquet, Saint-Paul of Bas-Caraquet, Saint-Joachim of Bertrand and Saint-Simon of Saint-Simon and administrator of the parish Mary Immaculate includes the Christian communities of Saint-Augustin of Paquetville, Saint-Simon et Saint-Jude of Grande-Anse, Saint-Théophile of Maisonnette, Notre-Dame-Auxiliatrice of Notre-Dame des Érables and Sainte-Marguerite Bourgeoys of Saint-Léolin.
- Father Régent Landry, Chancellor of the Diocese of Bathurst, is appointed administrator of the Sanctuary Sainte-Anne-du-Bocage of Caraquet without prejudice to his role as Pastor of the parish of Saint-François d'Assise.
- Father Vitus Ikeme, Father Damian Chinedum Nwachukwu and Father Jude Ugochu Iferorah of the Congregation Sons of Mary Mother of Mercy of Nigeria (Africa) are appointed vicars of The Good Shepherd which includes the Christian communities of St Gabriel The Archangel of Belledune, St John The Evangelist of Belledune, Ste Maria Goretti of Lorne, St Thomas Aquinas of Campbellton, Saint John Bosco of Dalhousie, Saint Anthony of Glen Levit, Sacred Heart Cathedral of Bathurst and Holy Family of Bathurst. It also includes pastoral care of the Aboriginal communities of Eel River Bar and Pabineau Fallls and pastoral care of the students of the CCNB (College of Bathurst).
- Father Anthony Onwubuariri is appointed administrator of Sacred heart of Jesus and Mary which includes the Christian communities of Holy Name of Jesus of Beresford, Saint-Polycarpe of Petit-Rocher, Saint-Vincent-de-Paul of Pointe-Verte and Sainte-Thérèse-d'Avila of Robertville. He will be assisted by Father Gérald Croteau, assistant administrator and Father Hansel Nwachukwuoji.
- Father Jean-Paul Chiasson, I.V. Dei, offers his services for occasional ministry starting in September.
- Father Keith Goldrup is appointed Chaplain to the Knights of Columbus for the Diocese of Bathurst, without prejudice to his role as pastor of the parish of the Good Shepherd.
- Father Pierre Thibodeau is appointed chaplain at Villa Chaleur and chaplain at the Bathurst Regional Hospital (three days a week). As a support for Father Jean Robert who is also attached to hospital ministry.
- Sr Béatrice Chioma Ogba, Sr Consolata Yvette Nwamuo, Sr Henrietta Onyinechi Ubah, and Sr Rita Ngosi Obuta of the Congregation Daughters of Mary Mother of Mercy (Filles de Marie, Mère de Miséricorde) from Nigeria (Africa) will take care of the Ressource Centre as well as pastoral care to the sick and the poor in the Diocese of Bathurst, especially in the city of Bathurst.
- The Community Palavra Viva (Parole Vivante) From Brazil will join the Diocese. A priest and consecated lay men and women will be assigned to ministry in the Region of Paquetville and the surrounding area aswell as at the Sanctuary of St. Anne of Caraquet and will engage in youth ministry in our Diocese.
- Mrs. Rachel Beaudin will hold the position of Treasurer in the Diocese of Bathurst on a probation basis (working three days a week).
- Mrs. Cynthia Hickey will hold the position of book keeper (accounting) in the Diocese of Bathurst on a probation basis (working three days a week)
- In September 2018, one or more positions in Catechetic at the Diocesan level will be filled.
- Father Claude Benoit will take a sabbatical year that has been granted him.
- Father Claude Pinet et Father Edmond Thériault, after many years of service to the Diocese are taking their retirement. On your behalf, we would like to thank them for their loyal service to the Diocese of Bathurst and their local communities. They will continue to offer occasional and replacement ministry when needed.
- Mgr Jean-Yves Molinas, Rector of St. Anne’s Sanctuary will continue to render services in different parished of the Diocese.
These appointments will take effect in summer 2018.
Mgr Daniel Jodoin
Bishop of Bathurst
Friday 25 mai 2018