From the Bishop's Office
on this 19th of June 2020
Message from our Bishop
We have just learned from the government that the 50-person limit per celebration has been lifted. This means that we will be able to allow a higher number of faithful per celebration as of next weekend, depending on the capacity of the church, while respecting the required distance. Please note that this will not change the capacities for this weekend.
It should also be noted that the government requires us to continue registering everyone present at our celebrations (name, address, telephone number), in order to ensure follow-up if necessary. It is therefore important to continue to register at your parish to participate in a celebration (Sunday mass, weekdays, funerals, etc.)
+ Daniel Jodoin, your Bishop
I ask that all parishes put in place these guidelines while remaining attentive to the evolution of the situation. Specific guidelines for Holy Week will be issued in the near future.
- Press Release from the Office of the Bishop dated May 28th, 2020
- Communique from Bishop Jodoin dated March 31st, 2020
- Letter from Bishop Jodoin dated March 18th, 2020
- Communique from the New Brunswick bishops dated March 12th 2020 regarding COVID-19
- Coronavirus : Pope Francis' Prayer to Mary (Bilingual)
- Communique from the beginning of March regarding the coronavirus